Saturday, December 3, 2011

Now where did I put my walker....

I got called old tonight.

I went over to a classmate's apartment to study this evening and as I was leaving he asked me the age of a friend we'd had dinner with tonight.

B:  So, how old is S (my adorable, super fit, single Physical Therapist friend)?
Me:  Not that old, 25 or 26 I think.  Why, are you interested? (this is where I make overly excited eyebrow wiggles about the prospect)
B: Not necessarily, she's kinda old...
Me: What?!?  (utter disbelief since I feel very spritely at 28 and often times forget my classmates are quite a bit younger than I am.  This is also when B remembers that I am older than S and now begins to back track)
B: Well, she's not THAT old.  (long pause as I see the panic building in his eyes)  Just older...
Me: How old are you? (Since I thought B was her age as well)
B: Well, I'm 24...  But I just think that older girls should date older guys.

I then leave before I say or do something I shouldn't.  Apparently I should be scouting for husband prospects on the geriatric floor.  Lovely....

No comments:

Post a Comment